My name is Konstantinos Semertzidis and I hold a PhD from the Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering of the University of Ioannina in Greece, working under the supervision of Prof. E. Pitoura. I received my BSc in Computer Science from the same institution (former Dept. of Computer Science) in 2012, and my MSc in Computing in 2013 from the University of York. Since then I have worked as a Research Fellow at Athena Research and Innovation Center, and as a Research Intern at IBM Research and Nokia Bell Labs in Ireland.
- PhD: Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering, University of Ioannina, Greece (Nov. 2013 - July 2018)
- MSc: Dept. of Computer Science, University of York, UK (Oct. 2012 - Sept. 2013)
- BSc: Dept. of Computer Science, University of Ioannina, Greece (Oct. 2008 - Sept. 2012)
- Mar, 2018 Our paper titled Top-k Durable Graph Pattern Queries on Temporal Graphs was accepted as a regular paper in an upcoming issue of the Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE).
- May, 2017 Our paper titled Historical Traversals in Native Database was accepted to ADBIS'17.
- Jul, 2017 Our paper titled Identifying Conversational Message Threads by Integrating Classification and Data Clustering is online at Springer.
- May, 2016 Our paper titled A Novel Method for Unsupervised and Supervised Conversational Message Thread Detection was accepted to DATA'16.
- Jan, 2016 Our paper titled Time Traveling in Graphs using a Graph Database was accepted to GraphQ'16.
- Dec, 2015 Our paper titled Durable Graph Pattern Queries on Historical Graphs was accepted to ICDE'16.
- Dec, 2014 Our paper titled TimeReach: Historical Reachability Queries on Evolving Graphs was accepted to EDBT'15.
- Dec, 2014 Our paper titled Identifying Converging Pairs of Nodes on a Budget was accepted to EDBT'15.
- Jun, 2013 Our paper titled How people describe themselves on Twitter has been awarded the Best Paper Award at DBSocial'13.