My name is Konstantinos Semertzidis and I hold a PhD from the Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering of the University of Ioannina in Greece, where I worked under the supervision of Prof. E. Pitoura. I received my BSc in Computer Science from the same institution (former Dept. of Computer Science) in 2012, and my MSc in Computing in 2013 from the University of York. I have worked as a Research Intern at IBM Research (2015) and Nokia Bell Labs (2016) in Ireland. In October 2018 I joined IBM Client Innovation Centre UK, in the capacity of an Application Developer working on Inventory Linking Exports/ Re-arrivals project of HM Revenue and Customs. In February 2019, I joined the IBM Research lab in Ireland, working in the capacity of a Research Engineer in the Cognitive IoT group. My research interests include evolving graph data management, query processing, graph databases, and social network analysis.
- PhD: Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering, University of Ioannina, Greece (Nov. 2013 - July 2018)
- MSc: Dept. of Computer Science, University of York, UK (Oct. 2012 - Sept. 2013)
- BSc: Dept. of Computer Science, University of Ioannina, Greece (Oct. 2008 - Sept. 2012)
- Feb, 2019 Joined IBM Research Ireland.
- Oct, 2018 Joined IBM Client Innovation Centre UK.
- Sept, 2018 Our paper titled Finding Lasting Dense Subgraphs was accepted for publication in Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery (ECML-PKDD).
- Jul, 2018 My PhD thesis is available here.
- Mar, 2018 Our paper titled Top-k Durable Graph Pattern Queries on Temporal Graphs was accepted as a regular paper in an upcoming issue of the Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE).
- May, 2017 Our paper titled Historical Traversals in Native Database was accepted to ADBIS'17.
- Jul, 2017 Our paper titled Identifying Conversational Message Threads by Integrating Classification and Data Clustering is online at Springer.
- May, 2016 Our paper titled A Novel Method for Unsupervised and Supervised Conversational Message Thread Detection was accepted to DATA'16.
- Jan, 2016 Our paper titled Time Traveling in Graphs using a Graph Database was accepted to GraphQ'16.
- Dec, 2015 Our paper titled Durable Graph Pattern Queries on Historical Graphs was accepted to ICDE'16.
- Dec, 2014 Our paper titled TimeReach: Historical Reachability Queries on Evolving Graphs was accepted to EDBT'15.
- Dec, 2014 Our paper titled Identifying Converging Pairs of Nodes on a Budget was accepted to EDBT'15.
- Jun, 2013 Our paper titled How people describe themselves on Twitter has been awarded the Best Paper Award at DBSocial'13.